Just when you thought there was no hope to get dinner on the table today we hit you with 3 easy sheet pan recipes. Seriously, if you haven’t tried sheet pan recipes you are missing out. They save so much freaking time it is crazy.
And that is time on the front end and time on the backend. Prep is simple because most sheet pan recipes are! Everything is cooked on the same pan, so only one cooking dish when you take it out of the oven. That is 100% Mike’s favorite part. I like that I can multitask while dinner cooks.
- Crazy family scheduled? Make a sheet pan recipe to save time.
- Big group of people? Make a few sheet pan recipes to feed a crew.
- Need to food prep for the week? Make a sheet pan recipe.
- Trying to do two things at once? (This is me.) Make a sheet pan recipe.
I could keep going, but I won’t. You get my point.
As a trainer, a mother and a person with a 100 hobbies and a passion for 100 more, I NEED to keep a fast and easy cooking style. Sheet pan recipes are a great answer. They save me time in the kitchen and ensure that I can incorporate protein and veggies at every meal. There is also something satisfying about putting dinner in the oven and not having to worry for a certain amount of time. It is like dinner peace of mind.
Sheet pan recipes are also great because you can substitute ingredients and change up your seasonings easily. I made shrimp fajitas, but I could easily make a lemon garlic shrimp to toss over rice or pasta by changing only the seasonings. Basically don’t be scared of sheet pan recipes. Get creative and make up your own! I’m trying to brain storm a pesto based sheet pan recipe, so if you have any suggestions send them my way.
Shrimp Fajitas Sheet Pan Recipe
I made these for a group of 4 for dinner and we still had left overs. We used our left overs in taco bowls over some rice for lunch the next day. I love a meal that leaves us with leftovers. Delicious the first and the second time with minimal effort! – Chellie
- Shrimp (fresh or frozen, uncooked, peeled & deveined)
- Bell peppers (5)
- Red onions (2 medium)
- Limes (3)
- Taco seasoning
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up your red peppers and onions and mix with shrimp (thawed if frozen).
- Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze lime juice and toss with taco seasonings.
- Lightly oil the baking sheet and spread out veggie & shrimp mixture. Try to keep shrimp separated for best cooking.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 9 minutes or until shrimp is cooked completely and veggies are just tender. Toss halfway through.
- Serve with some tasty homemade guacamole in either a soft or hard shell taco. This size works best with shrimp. And don’t forget to customize your other toppings like: sour cream, cheese, salsa, taco sauce, lettuce/spinach, black beans.
Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Recipe
Roasted veggies are my absolute favorite! I could eat then alone for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. But I now I need some protein in my diet. So I like to incorporate a protein, like chicken, on the sheet pan. This chicken sausage was new to me. It came recommended and did not disappoint. Hardest part of the whole meal was cutting up the veggies. I highly recommend this on busy nights! – Jane
- Chicken sausage
- Sweet potato
- Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up your veggies and toss in olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Be sure to cut your veggies in similar size/thickness to improve cooking consistency.
- Lightly oil the baking sheet and spread veggies on a sheet pan and leave room for chicken sausage.
- Lay your chicken sausage out. No need to add seasoning to the chicken sausage and have fun picking out the kind. There are a ton of flavor options available.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and flip halfway through.
- Optional to plate it with another starch like wild rice or quinoa.
Gnocchi & Broccoli Sheet Pan Recipe
This recipe was definitely a bit out of my comfort zone. I generally steer clear of brussel sprouts and have never had gnocchi. But I was blown away by how great everything tasted and how the lemon flavor didn’t over power the meal. It was super easy to make and great for a dinner in fall! 10 for 10 recommend. – Annie
- Brussel sprouts
- Red Onion
- Chicken breast
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Chop up your veggies, mix with gnocchi and toss in olive oil and oregano (including lemon).
- Arrange veggies on sheet pan and add chicken breasts (lightly brushed with oil).
- Roast for 25 minutes at 425 degrees. Check that chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with feta & sea salt.
- Try to eat at a moderate pace instead of stuffing your face as fast as possible 😋.
This post contains affiliate links.
Can’t ask for much more than only needing a baking sheet to make a meal. But if you are familiar with any of my other recipe related posts you know I have to plug a good chef’s knife. I think Shun is one of the top brands out there. I was introduced a few years ago and. I have never looked back. Over the years I have changed over all of my knives to Shun. This is the exact Shun Chef’s Knife that I have.
And if you are going to invest in a high quality knife you should consider knowing how to sharpen them or to purchase an electric sharpener. Positive of a sharpener is it does the work for you, so easy to use. Negative is that it is yet another kitchen item to store. You make the call on what works best for your lifestyle.
🚨FOLLOW US HERE 🚨