Owner / Head Trainer
Mike has been very passionate about athletics since he was young. Through his years, he has grown to have a greater passion for fitness and wellness. He completed a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Exercise Physiology and furthered his education with a Masters in Rehabilitative Science with a focus in muscle physiology. Within his Masters program, he focused on working with individuals with chronic diseases as well as sports performance programs for teenage athletes.
Mike played collegiate football at Concordia University-Wisconsin and has been locally & nationally recognized for his success. While in college, he also competed on a national level in Powerlifting and successfully became a National Champion in 2006, earning a spot as an alternate on the World Powerlifting Team. In 2011 Mike joined the military to pursue one of the toughest Special Forces programs in the world. Unfortunately, he was discharged due to a medical condition that resulted during training. As soon as he returned, he wanted to get back to creating programs and training individuals, which is how Pure Fitness started. Mike has also designed and implemented strength and conditioning programs for male and female teams and athletes at both the high school and collegiate levels. He has brought both powerlifting and golf sports performance to Pure Fitness; his passion for fitness is unmatched and his dedication to clients is unheard of.
With over 15 years of training experience, ranging from teenage athletes to individuals 80 years of age with multiple medical conditions, and his advanced education, Mike can ensure safety and results in the most effective manner with the latest and top of the line program design methods. Give him a call today.
Credentials & Certifications
- Master Degree in Rehabilitative Science & Muscle Physiology (2010)
- Undergraduate Degree in Exercise Physiology (2006)
- TPI – Titleist Performance Institute – Golf Specific Strength & Conditioning (2016)
- CSCS – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (2005)
- USA Powerlifting Coaching Certification (2016)
- Coached for Team USA at the Open World Championships in Prague, Czech Republic where the Women’s team took home 1st place (2017)
- Coached for Team USA at the Junior/Sub-Junior World Championships in Orlando, FL (2017)
- Coached Team Pure Fitness to a 1st place finish at USA Powerlifting Equipped Nationals (2016)
- Coached for Team USA at the North American Powerlifting Championships (2016)
- Coached Team Pure Fitness to a 2nd place finish at USA Powerlifting Equipped Nationals (2015)