Owner / Head Trainer
Mike has been very passionate about athletics since he was young. Through his years, he has grown to have a greater passion for fitness and wellness. He completed a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Exercise Physiology and furthered his education with a Masters in Rehabilitative Science with a focus in muscle physiology. Within his Masters program, he focused on working with individuals with chronic diseases as well as sports performance programs for teenage athletes.
He has over 11 years of training experience, ranging from teenage athletes to individuals 80 years of age with multiple medical conditions. Mike has created and implemented strength and conditioning programs for all male and female sports at both New Berlin Eisenhower and Wauwatosa West High Schools. Over the years, he has played collegiate football at Concordia University Wisconsin and has been nationally recognized for his success along with many additional awards. He also has competed on a national level in Power Lifting while in college and successfully became National Champion in 2006, becoming an alternate on the World Powerlifting Team.
In 2011 Mike joined the military to pursue one of the toughest Special Forces programs in the world. Unfortunately, he was discharged due to a medical condition that resulted during training. As soon as he returned, he wanted to get back to creating programs and training individuals as he had done previously. Since then Mike has returned to coaching powerlifting and branched into golf specific strength and conditioning. Mike’s education and collegiate experience in athletics qualifies him to work with many individuals to ensure results in the safest, most effective manner with the latest and top of the line program design methods.
Credentials & Certifications
- Master Degree in Rehabilitative Science & Muscle Physiology (2010)
- Undergraduate Degree in Exercise Physiology (2006)
- TPI – Titleist Performance Institute – Golf Specific Strength & Conditioning (2016)
- CSCS – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (2005)
- USA Powerlifting Coaching Certification (2016)
- Coached Team Pure Fitness to a 2nd place finish at USA Powerlifting Equipped Nationals in 2015
- Coached Team Pure Fitness to a 1st place finish at USA Powerlifting Equipped Nationals in 2016
- Coached for Team USA at the North American Powerlifting Championships 2016