Head of Marketing / Personal Trainer
I found sports & fitness at a young age, figuring out around 9 years old that I am most comfortable on a field/court or off in the woods. After graduating from Marquette University with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Human Resources and Marketing I was working a traditional 9-5 job, but I knew I wouldn’t be happy long term behind a desk or in an office. That’s when my uncle gave me a newspaper ad (not kidding) for a high school volleyball coaching job. Inspired by the idea of getting involved with athletics again I hopped on the computer (thank you Google) and started researching local volleyball clubs. That’s when I found Milwaukee Sting VBC and when I decided that I wouldn’t sit behind a desk forever.
After a few years of happiness and success coaching I decided that I should find a “day job” that was aligned with a career in coaching (second shout out to Google) and I began researching personal trainer certifications and internships. Next thing you know, I dropped an entire paycheck on the books, materials and cost of the first exam. It wasn’t until the books arrive in the mail that I freaked out because I realized that I knew NOTHING. That no amount of understanding of the marketing mix, or the 4 Ps, or geo-targetted ads based on demographics was going to help me this exam. Lucky for me I was living with my grandmother, who was an impressive woman in her own right, and she explained to me that a life without risks is boring and leaves you with no good tales to tell =at the end. Fast forward 9 years to today and I not only found an internship and passed the exam, but I also went back to school and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science from Concordia University, passed another certification exam, and met the man of my dreams at this very gym (husband shout out).
I have had a lot of incredible experiences as a fitness professional, from winning an AAU volleyball championship, to helping clients complete in their first endurance race, to running a large scale strength and conditioning program. Those are all experiences that would be on my highlight reel of life, but the main feature would be the relationships I have forged with clients who are now some of my closest friends. Fitness is personal, no matter how you cut it. Finding a personal trainer you connect with is an imperative part in the process. Everyone of my clients is different. No two people should be treated, programmed or engaged in the same way, which is why every one of my client’s receive individualized attention and programming. I love the challenge and the energy of working with 8 or more different people in the day and I wouldn’t trade my career as personal trainer for the seat I use to hold behind a desk.
Credentials & Certifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Exercise Science (2016)
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing & Human Resources (2008)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer (2016)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (2011)
- High School Strength and Conditioning Coach (2013)
- IMPACT Coach (2008)
- PAC Coach (2008)
- Coached Milwaukee Sting 15 Black to a 3rd place finish at AAUs in the premier division in 2012.
- Coached Milwaukee Sting 15 Black to a 1st place finish at AAUs in the premier division in 2013.
- Have helped 3 people loose over 100+ pounds
- Completed IronMan Madison in 13 hours and 6 minutes (2016)
- MS Run the US Relay Team – one of 16 relay team members that run from LA to NYC, running 135 miles & 170 miles in 5 & 7 days respectfully and collectively raised $20,000 for Multiple Sclerosis (2013 & 2015)
- Co-captain for the Badger Blizzards, Wisconsin’s PVL (Premier Volleyball League) Team, who finished 6th at the PVL Championships (2014)